Friday, September 30, 2011

What's this blog about, you ask?

I have noticed something recently about the oh so GRAND world of art that is usually not spoken of so candidly. It's known, definitely. But perhaps people are just too... proud? of their beliefs to really have frank and unbiased conversations about it. In a way, if you want to take it from a plato point of view, everyone has there argument as to what Art IS, but no one wants to provide a counter argument as to WHY their argument is illogical.

At this point, you must have no idea what I am talking about. A lot of what this blog will be about is my discovery and unraveling of the inner workings of the art world. Perhaps it has done before, but never have I seen it done from an unbiased perspective. I personally love all forms of art and I feel I can learn something from it all. I do have a hard time accepting some forms, and often, just because someone SAYS it is art, by no means defines it as such. Of course this will take me having to define art, and define every art term I come across. That is no easy task. I'm also by no means a professional or expert on the matter, but I believe that with this blog, I can move myself towards to direction of becoming so.

As far as with the title "Not Artsy, Just Fartsy", it's a poke fun at the art world, much like how the term Artsy Fartsy is meant to be in general. In the world of Art Elitists and fancy gallery shows,  sometimes, the fartsy stuff is what makes it. I don't want to go on that here, I'll do it in other posts as time goes on.

All in all, this blog is for me. It's my self-exploration of the art world. If others wish to read it, they are more than welcome to. They are also more than welcome to apply their own input. I'm a very open individual.

Come at me bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment